Monday, November 29, 2010

Mamavation Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I had a great holiday weekend. Lots of family over, tons of food, but I stayed reasonable with my eating, and I count it as a success that I DIDN'T GAIN ANY WEIGHT!  Woot!  I didn't lose any this week either, but I'm taking any small victory I can.  :P

I have been walking a lot lately, and I'm really enjoying it. On Saturday, Shelley (@Momma_Oz), Hubs, and I went on a hike starting in the park and ending at the lake. The weather was beautiful, and Phoebe got a new doggie backpack, so she carried our water.  :)



What happened this week:

  • Hoorays:
    • Walked more than 10 miles again last week! 
    • Found a Mamavation blogger (SkinnySushi) that wanted to get rid of some Nike LunarGlide+ shoes (that just happened to be in my size) for cheap! Hopefully they'll arrive in the mail in the next day or two, and I can get serious with my walking.
    • Gained no weight over Thanksgiving!
    • Got Phoebe a doggie backpack for our long walks.
  • Needs some work:
    • More water! I get in more every week, but I'm still not consistent with it on a daily basis.
    • I'm not being consistent with my non-walking workouts. I need to be more rigid with my schedule for doing my Slim in 6 and yoga workouts.
  • Specific Goals:
    • Begin to walk faster walks. I can handle the longer distances pretty well at the pace I go, so it's time for me to step it up. I'd like to creep up from a 20 min mile to a 15 min mile.
    • Starting a new water aerobics class this week. I'm taking the cardio deep water aerobics class this time.

This week's guest on Mamavation TV is Dr. Lynn Anderson.  I'm excited to talk about sex, self-confidence, and how diet and exercise affect them.  See you all later tonight for Mamavation TV!!

9 comments:

  1. How awesome is it that you not only get to have the online sistahood but you also have a real live one of us working out with you! That rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so impressive. Can I have a dogie backpack too? I will cary you water if you make me walk 10 miles. But seriously - great job on physical activities part and not gaining weight.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo for not gaining over the holiday! Sounds like you have some great goals in the works for this week. Hope you can do that mile in 15. Do you lie the slim in 6? I've been tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for not gaining over the holiday!!
    that is cool that your dog got a new backpack :)
    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at 'doggie backpack.'
    Doggie. Backpack.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved our walk and am so thankful that we are making this a regular occurance! As for the 'non-walking' workouts - I HAVE to schedule them... like a Dr appt... it's the only way they will get done! You are making SUCH fantastic progress on your goals! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job! I love that you and Shelley have each other to lean on(locally) and we are here for you too! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats awesome that you are including your dog in walks, that will strengthen your bond. Good luck with the walking my suggestion for walking faster is walk regular pace for 5 minutes then the next 5 min speed up. try interval walking till your ready or see how long it takes you to get to a mile and try to better that time over the course of a week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very awesome that you are making connections and able to work out with @Momma_Oz in person! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete