What happened this week:
- Hoorays:
- Snuck ground flax into several meals this week, and Hubs didn't notice! Getting him to try new things is always a battle.
- Bought myself a new water bottle. This is a big deal for me, I've found that I drink way more water with a straw or fancy bottle than out of a glass. My new bottle is awesome, it has a little tracker to note how many times you refill it so you can keep track of how much water you've had during the day.
- Committed to do P90X with some of the Mamavation girls in January. I've watched the infomercials, and of course most of those exercises are way out of my league at the moment, but I like how you can modify it for your ability.
- Really starting to pay attention to food labels. Hubs wanted some rice pudding at the grocery store this evening, so I looked at the label. Corn syrup solids? No thanks. If he wants some rice pudding, I'll just grab the rice out of the pantry and make him some from scratch.
- As evidenced by the above, we haven't cut out all sugars, but I've cut it way down from where we were. I'm avoiding all HFCS (can you believe all the foods that have corn syrup??? Holy crap!) and have switched away from refined white sugar in my cooking. Now I use turbinado sugar when I use sugar at all, and I really like it.
- Needs some work:
- Still need more consistent water intake. I've ramped it way up since joining Mamavation, but I'm still not where I need to be.
- I need to find a good pair of walking shoes for a reasonable price. I can't afford to spend $100 bucks on shoes right now, but I need some shoes that don't give me a blister on the ball of my foot every time I go for a walk. :(
- Specific Goals:
- Walk at least 7 miles this week in addition to water aerobics and yoga.
- Find a doggie backpack for Phoebe. It's time she started pulling her weight on our walks. ;) Seriously though, I'd like her to be able to carry our water and my keys and phone.
See you all later tonight for Mamavation TV!!
I wish I had a water bottle like that. Sounds like you have made some awesome changes and stuck to them. Great Job.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a cool water bottle. I love cool waterbottles too :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you for cutting out the HFCS!
(a) LOVE your water bottle and the next time I can make it to target, I'm getting one for myself :)
ReplyDelete(b)Super Excited about doing p90x with you 1/1/11 :) It helps me to know that there is someone local keeping me accountable so THANK YOU for that!
(c) WTG on sneaking flax in - I know first hand what it is like to have a Hubs that doesn't always embrace new things... married to a meat and taters guy myself but he's slowly coming around... even if he does want Fuddruckers for dinner on occassion
(d)I love that you are reading food labels! and isn't it amazing HOW MUCH HFCS there is in regular, non-sweet foods?!?!
AND Phoebe DEFINITELY needs her own back-pack... or saddlebags... so when we go on our walk she can carry my stuff too LOL! would definitely make PMWT more enjoyable instead of having to utilize the community storage chest ;)
You are doing AWESOME! I'm so proud of you!
Wow, I have never heard of a doggie backpack, that would be AWESOME! :-) My hubby would hate it, which would make it even cooler! Hehehe... Anyway, congrats on the flax! That was what I first started changing on my hubby... they are manageable, if you train them right! ;-) LOL! A new water bottle really helps! I have a new one too, and I totally get what you're throwing out there. I'm super excited to be doing P90X with the group in January too! Are you using the chinup bar or bands? I used the bands before on a hook and ended up snapping myself with one (OW!), so I bought a door attachment this week and I'm so thrilled! Way to go on the food labels - that is AWESOME!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, I am super excited now LOL! I hope you have a great week!
aw so cute when you get phoebe a doggy backpack take a picture i think at least one of my clients needs one although ive tried to cut back on her extra treats ( I'm a petsitter)
ReplyDeletegood luck with your goals this week
lorrie
http://150by40.wordpress.com