Monday, November 1, 2010

Mamavation Monday - November 1, 2010

Happy November!  Although it certainly doesn't feel like it here. It's near 90 degrees here today. Again.  Ugh! Where is my fall weather???? 


Hubs and I celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary tomorrow. I don't think we'll be going out to eat dinner like we usually do, my car has been giving us all kinds of trouble, so I may just get a new starter as my anniversary gift.  :P


We went to a murder mystery dinner party (our first) last night, and it was a blast! It was a pirate theme, but our roles were the governor of Jamaica in 1776 and his wife. We had a great time, and had great (healthy) food, as the hostess is on a gluten free diet.






What happened this week:


  • Hoorays:
    • Started my water aerobics class. I love it!
    • Still tracking my exercise, eating and water intake
    • Started taking a soluble fiber supplement. I have noticed a dramatic difference in my digestive issues that I've had since my gallbladder surgery 8 years ago.
    • I won a Ultimate Body Blitz dvd from Fit Bottomed Girls! I've only watched the yoga portion so far, but it looks challenging! I can't wait to try them all!
    • Tried quinoa for the first time last week, and it was delish! I made it with golden raisins, spinach, pecans, and feta cheese. Will definitely be having that again.
  • Needs some work:
    • Still need more water.
    • Not eating breakfast every day. Need to find some ideas for quick healthy breakfasts.
    • Need to regularly exercise on my non-water aerobics days.
  • Specific Goals:
    • At least 64oz of water every day.
    • Comment on at least 15 Mamavation blog posts.
    • Try another new food this week.
Progress:

I lost another 2 pounds!!!!!!!



I know everyone has heard that Jared from SUBWAY is running his ING marathon this weekend in NYC. Good luck to him!  See everyone tonight at Mamavation TV. And congratulations to @cuteangel79 for being Sista of the Week!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, look at you go! Congrats on the loss! Keep it up and keep sharing those yummy meals! lol Giving me some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals. Love the water aerobics, i wish I could get in on that. Woohoo on the 2lb loss. Can't wait to see what you try this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss!

    I have the first test scheduled tomorrow to see if I need my gall bladder out (indications point to yes!) is the surgery hard?? How has it been since then?

    What new food are you going to try this week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your loss!!! That's AWESOME! I can't wait to join you on Water Aerobics!!!

    For quick breakfasts - (1) smoothie - banana, frozen fruit, greek yogurt... I add spinach to mine and can't taste it but it IS green... just sayin' You can be super flexible with smoothies and they are the PERFECT grab and go option for me. (2) Steel cut oats - cook them the night before and re-heat in the morning. They don't turn to mush like reg oatmeal :)

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND HUBS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the weight loss and happy anniversary i hope you have a great week

    http://150by40.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete