Monday, October 18, 2010

Mamavation Monday - October 18, 2010

Hi there! So it's been a week since I discovered Mamavation (thanks to my friend Shelley @Momma_Oz). I thought, I'll just hang around, see what these girls are like, maybe in a few weeks I'll pledge. Well here I am, pledging. After one week. It would have been sooner, but I had to wait for the Mamavation Monday post to do it. :)

What happened this week:

  • Hoorays:
    • Found a new yoga workout that I love!  Did 50 minutes of yoga twice last week.
    • Walked the dog, 45-60 minutes 4 days last week.
    • Wii Fit strength training routine, 30 minutes 1 time last week.
    • Walked for 2 hours in the park with my husband yesterday
    • Started to track my exercise, eating and water intake
    • Did not go out to eat AT ALL this week (the coffee that I had with Shelley doesn't count, right?)
  • Needs some work:
    • Definitely need more water.
    • I'm going to start looking at my fiber intake. I need more.
    • I'm going to start eating breakfast.
    • I'm going to start walking the dog EVERY DAY.
  • Specific Goals:
    • At least 64oz of water every day.
    • Walk the dog every day this week, and pick up the pace. Turn our leisurely stroll into a cardio walk.
    • Track my daily fiber intake
    • Strength training routine twice this week
    • Yoga 3 times this week
So what has my first week of Mamavation got to show for itself?

I lost 2.5 pounds last week!!!!!!!

Woohoooooooooooo!  I completely subscribe to the theory that even a small victory in the beginning will help to keep me on track. I'm ready to tackle week 2!

Congratulations to Angela (@ninemoremonths) for being Sista of the Week last week! Totally deserved.

I'm completely stoked for the twitter party tonight. I'm feeling anxious and excited for the finalists, you'd think I was a contestant myself. I think all the girls are amazing, and no matter who ends up winning, it will be well earned. I hope everyone has a great week, and I look forward to getting to know you all better! 

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome!! you kicked butt with exercise this week!! Also, no eating out! Kudos!! 2.5 pounds is not a small victory!! It's fantastic!! Yay!!!

    Don't you love @Momma_oz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAYA! I'm so happy!!!!!! for the loss... for the pledging... for reconnecting after 16 years!!! I'm so happy!!! you've just made my day!!! You are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice loss, that is awesome! It really does prove that those little changes help a lot. And not going out to eat makes a HUGE difference. I've really cut down on our eating out and have gotten more choosy with the places we go on the occasion that we do go out to eat. Congrats and welcome to the sistahood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the weight loss and isn't momma_oz a awsome person its great you know her in person i just know her through twitter but she so deserved to be a mamavation mom

    what breed of dog do you have, dog walks are awesome you can get in so much milage and workout and the dog loves you more for it. I'm a petsitter and love animals.

    lorrie
    http://150by40.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2.5 is great, congrats. Between 1-2/week is optimal for long-term loss. Eating breakfast is going to help you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome and congrats on the 2 pound loss. Whoot! Work it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job on the weight loss. That has to be encouraging. Love how you laid out your goals and accomplished stuff. I support you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the pounds lost and welcome to Mamavation! You've got great goals (I especially love that you are tracking your fiber!). And you've got a great attitude! Both will help you reach success!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the biggest win - making a first step. I am with You!

    ReplyDelete