With all that said, today begins a new week. My wonderful husband fixed my car, Aunt Flo has been sent packing, and I'm ready to jump back in with both feet.
I did try a new food this past week. I bought some flax seeds in the bulk/organic section of my grocery store, and ground them up in my coffee grinder and added them to my oatmeal. They added a subtle nutty flavor that was delicious. And what a nutritional whollop these little guys pack! Omega-3s, fiber, good for heart health, bones, you name it, they're good for it. I need to find some more uses for these little seeds.
Another thing I've noticed is that with all the water I've been drinking, my headaches that I used to get nearly every day are just about gone. I'm sure they were caused by mild dehydration, as water has never been my favorite thing. Since I've been chugging water like crazy though, no more headaches! I'm sure my liver is breathing a sigh of relief, I was pumping in a lot of advil.
I've been chatting with Shelley (@Momma_Oz) about her new Earth Footwear, and how she likes them. I've been having trouble with my sneakers, and have been noticing that my ankles have been really sore after walks. I've determined that my shoes are throwing my balance off, and my ankles have been turning in to try and compensate. I'm thinking that Earth Footwear might be the answer to my shoe woes. I hope to go into town this week and try some on and see how they help.
I hope to see you all Monday night for Mamavation TV! And follow me on twitter if you're not already, and please let me know if I'm not following you! @jessicafiumara
Goals this week:
- More water! I'm still not consistently getting 64oz, that needs to be a daily minimum for me.
- Try all the new workouts on the Ultimate Body Blitz dvd I won from Fit Bottomed Girls.
- Get back on track with daily walks.
Congratulations to Laila (@OnlyLaila) for being Sista of the Week!!!
It is amazing how your body responds to being properly hydrated! I notice the difference in my skin now that I'm drinking more water.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to you this week on meeting your goals!
Glad to hear that things are working out for you this week. Keep drinking the water and I'd be interested in finding out how you are going to use your flax seed. I too, have a bag and use it in a few things.
ReplyDeleteYep, that whole water thing is amazing isn't it? I wasn't much of a water drinker either, but now I am a total guzzler.
ReplyDeleteAnd great job with those flax seeds!
Have you ever had a gait analysis? Might be something to consider to see what type of shoe you need to be wearing. I hope the Earth Footwear visit ends well (i.e. with new shoes!) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that hubby will buy me a pair for my birthday! Scores!
ReplyDeleteHave a fantastic week!
That totally reminds me, I forgot my water bottle today! ARGH! :-) I'm so glad to hear that you are seeing the benefits of hydration - as another previously-dehydrated person, I can sympathize with the not-chugging status. It's great to hear that you are feeling healthier from such a small change!
ReplyDeleteI have a funny story about flax seeds - I put them in my husband's egg sandwich once, and he thought I poisoned him. But seriously, it is great for you and it's awesome that you're finding new ways to add better nutrition to your diet! I hope you have have an awesome week!
I have also noticed a HUGE difference in the way I feel when I am properly hydrated. I would love to hear your thoughts on the workouts on the Ultimate Body Blitz.
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about trying flax seeds, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe I will this week.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping next week I'll have the same story... Aunt flo will be gone and I will be in a much better mood!
Keep it up and I'm looking forward to reading more!
So glad you posted about the Flax seeds... I bought some but didn't know what to do with it. Since I don't do coffee anymore, I'm thinking that my coffee grinder will be "re-purposed" and that will be lovely!
ReplyDeleteand "go into town" always sounds so funny... like we live so far away ;) Let me know when/ if you are heading this way though - maybe we can grab lunch?
I'm SUPER proud of you! I know you can do it!
(And BTW - for what it's worth, my legs and buns feel the burn from my Earth Footwear, but I'm not off balance at all like some of the other "shaper" shoes. HUGS!!!
*Happy Dance* *clinking water glasses* Here's to fewer headaches! As a fellow headache sufferer I am so glad to hear that water is helping you!!!! Super proud of you for getting that water in everyday! Good luck with all your goals for this week!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the water/hydration reminder. I need to jump on that right now! I am glad to hear you are enjoying the flax...I need to get some and try it out. Love that you try new things.
ReplyDeleteI love flax seeds... and I have learned to love water! It makes a huge difference in the way I feel.
ReplyDeleteHave an awesome week - hope you reach all your healthy living goals this week!
I hope you have a better week. Yay on flax and water revelations! If the Earth Footwear don't provide relief consider a video gait analysis from a running specialty store (even if you are only walking).
ReplyDeleteI love water, and everything it does. lol It is amazing the difference I feel when I am hydrated! And I am with you, I think a pair of EartFootwear would be a huge help to my sometimes occurring back and ankle pain. So jealous you know Shelley IRL! ;-P
ReplyDeleteI love flax seed in my oatmeal, too. I put a bit in eggs as well and sometimes soup depending on the consistency and how much the seeds will mess with. It sounds like this week will be much better. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, too. Happy Monday.
ReplyDeleteFlax should help you with your fiber intake a big time. Probably it will take you to shake the Blah off
ReplyDeletegreat job at the water intake thats awesome and i'm glad things are going to be better for this next week. have a great week
ReplyDeletelorrie
http://150by40.wordpress.com
I add flax to anything I bake -- muffins, bread . . . I've also read of adding it to things like soup and marinaras, but I haven't tried that.
ReplyDeleteYAY for the water -- it's amazing how much of a difference that simple substance makes.
Sigh -- congrats on sending A.F. packing . . . too bad she showed up at my house this week. Grrrrrr.