So many things to talk about this week! A new year always brings new motivations and new ideas, and so I've added lots of projects to my plate.
@Mizfitonline hosted a #FitStudio chat the other day about making vision boards and gratitude boards. I LOVE this idea. I've started planning my boards already, and as soon as I have some pocket money, I'm hitting Hobby Lobby to get some supplies. Here's a great page that explains them more: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/How-to-Make-a-Vision-Board-Find-Your-Life-Ambition-Martha-Beck
I've also started to participate in two challenges this month, other than the ongoing P90X challenge (which I'll talk more about in a minute). Healthy Loser Gal has posted a Love Yourself For Who You Are NOW challenge, and I think this is an awesome idea. I get so caught up in who I want to be, what I want to look like, goals, dreams, perfect future me, and I lose sight of who I am RIGHT NOW and reasons that I like who I am RIGHT NOW. This will be a difficult challenge for me, but a necessary one I think. I hope that you will take some time and participate with me, or at least take some time to tell yourself why you love yourself, especially this time of the year when Valentine's Day is shoved down your throats at every opportunity.
I'm also doing Brad Gansberg's 7 Day Chip challenge. It basically follows the same idea as a 7 day sobriety chip that you get at Alcoholic's Anonymous. If you successfully go 7 days with controlled eating (no binges, no cheating, etc), then you can claim a #7daychip badge for your blog. I've come so far with my nutrition and eating, but I still find myself falling back in to old eating habits occasionally, including binge eating and secret eating. By taking it a week at a time, it makes it easier for me to plan and then execute that plan.
Oh, and did I mention that I've gone back to school?!? Classes start next week, and I'm hoping to finish up my degree (my second one) in December, and then start on the next level next year. Keep your fingers crossed!
Talk to you next week!!!!
Edited to add: Wait, I forgot to talk about the P90X challenge! Things are going well for me, better than I expected honestly. I think it's safe to say that I was terrified at the beginning of this challenge, but I've managed to stick to the program pretty well, modifying where I need to. I definitely feel stronger, and I just moved in to phase 2, so I'm looking forward to a couple of new workouts. I love the Stretch X that I do on Sundays, I feel so great afterwards. I can't wait to do new measurements, hopefully there will be a noticeable difference for me.
Awesome! You are doing such a great job with you changes. Keep it up. I love the idea of the love yourself now challenge. That one would be the hardest for me. I am always facing forward... and forgetting to hug the me I am right now. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteYou are motivated with everything. I love your positivity. I did my vision boards for the year a few weeks ago in personal (including fitness), relationships, and professional. Me and some folks got together with a ton of magazines and began creating. Fun times.
ReplyDeleteI love sharing this journey with you and LOVE how far you've come! 10lbs since joining Mamavation is FANTASTIC!!! and I love the challenges you've set for yourself. Don't get so busy with school that we have to forgo the occassional coffee date though... I like those :)
ReplyDeleteHeading to check out the Love Yourself For Who You Are NOW challenge - EXACTLY what I need to focus on :) Thanks for sharing :) (HUGS)