Monday, January 17, 2011

mamavation Monday, January 17, 2011

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to the two new Mamavation Moms, Kimberley and Amanda! I am so excited to witness your journey for the next 7 weeks.

I have decided that I need more accountability in my eating plan, so I'm going to start a visual food diary. I got this idea from Timothy Ferriss's book, The 4-Hour Body. He recommends taking a photo of each meal with your camera phone and uploading them to Flickr or some other photo site, so that you can really see what you're eating. Hopefully I'll be able to create some sort of link back to my blog so you can see my weekly meal diary.  (Edit: I figured it out! Woohoo!)



P90X is going well. I'm still modifying quite a bit, but I feel like I'm getting stronger. I'm finding I don't really have an hour and a half for the yoga routine, so I'm thinking of switching it out for another yoga dvd.  I haven't weighed myself since starting, so I don't know if I'm losing any weight yet, but my clothes are starting to feel better, so I'm pretty sure I'm losing some inches.  :)

Now for what has become a weekly habit,  your Moment of Phoebe:

Her dad tucked her in under the comforter, and she decided that was plenty good for her. Yes, that is a pillow under her head. What? Spoiled dog? Noooooooooooooo.  *shifty eyes*

6 comments:

  1. Great work doing P90X .. That workout still scares me a bit.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. P90X, I have heard of that. Scares me some too! LOL. Don't think I am ready for that! Having a picture food diary sounds kind of interesting actually. Each week look at what you ate... Hmm, may have to do that myself.

    Keep up the good work!

    Oh, Hi. I am Jennifer - a new pledge :)

    --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! On P90X and eating plan. Good Luck on this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. a visual food diary is SOOOOO interesting! and thank you for the moments of phoebe... I've missed her with the YUCKY weather lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Moment of Phoebe. That? Is hilarious. And oh so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tomato bacon and egg salad looks really good! Recipe?

    ReplyDelete