It's a new day, a new week, a new year
This week starts a lot of new adventures for me. I'm starting the P90X challenge with some other Sistas, I'm starting a new water aerobics class with Shelley (@Momma_Oz), and I'm continuing (restarting?) with my C25K training. My goal for today is to outline IN WRITING my exercise schedule and get it programmed into my calendar so I am accountable for it.
Since the weather has been colder, I've been walking less, but working out inside more. My favorite inside workout is, hands down, EA Sports Active 2. It is a great mix of cardio and strength exercises, and it keeps it varied enough to not get boring. I LOVE this game. And you can get one of your own at Game Stop, who just happens to be the sponsor of this week's blogging carnival!
As you may know, we're right in the middle of nominations for the next Mamavation Mom campaign. I can't wait to meet the applicants tomorrow on Mamavation TV. Watching Shelley go through the bootcamp firsthand really impressed me. It's a wonderful opportunity, and I hope that the two winners take as much advantage of it as Shelley and Rachel did. I wish I could apply myself.
For the P90X challenge, I've decided to do the Lean program. It focuses a bit more on cardio and a bit less on weight training and strength, so it's more designed for fat loss. What I like about P90X is that it is easily modifiable. I know I won't be able to do some of the exercises when I start. I know my endurance won't be as high as it should. But it will get easier as I continue, and I'll be able to do more and more as I get stronger.
Here are my BEFORE photos and measurements:
| BEFORE MEASUREMENTS | |||||
| Weight | 248 | LBS | |||
| Chest | 46 | IN | |||
| Waist | 39.5 | IN | |||
| Hips | 54 | IN | |||
| Right Thigh | 31 | IN | |||
| Left Thigh | 31 | IN | |||
| Right Arm | 17 | IN | |||
| Left Arm | 17 | IN | |||
And now to distract you from the above, a cute picture of Phoebe sacked out next to her dad:
See you all tonight for Mamavation TV!



Wishing you the best of luck with the P90X challenge. I wish I had a workout bud like you and Shelly to hang with. The water class sounds like a good time. Can't wait to see how you do in the next few weeks!
ReplyDeleteAHHHH... I've been missing Phoebe! and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the "don't mess with Texas" sticker HA! Perfect! Good luck hon! Here's to a fresh start :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go with P90X and water aerobic sounds like fun. Good Luck with Your goals. Will C U on Mamavation TV
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear you are tackling the P90x challenge. I hear it gets fabulous results and I can't wait to hear your experience with it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week... and kick some booty! Happy New Year, too.
*snort* I love your Dont mess with Texas sticker. It makes me happy!
ReplyDeleteYou can do this girl!!! head up!
wishing you tons of luck on the challenge! I know that you will be able to do it there are so many doing it and supporting each other! just don;t beat yourself up no weight gain is a good thing!
ReplyDeleteOooh, I like your idea of writing a workout schedule down and into a calendar. I am mega unorganized, so it's little things like that I would never think of.
ReplyDeleteGood luck in the p90x challenge, I can't wait to see how hard you rock it!
Oh can you please post your exercise calendar? Maybe I'll do one too!!
ReplyDeleteHa ha. I love "to distract you from above".
So glad that Shelley brought you around and that you're joining us!! Make sure to learn about the P90X nutrition too. you need to eat quite a bit when you're doing it.
Good luck!!