So week one of the P90X challenge is in the books. I'm doing the lean track, so my schedule is a bit different than the classic track. It focuses more on cardio in the beginning and then moves more into strength later on in the program. I was terrified each time I pushed play on the DVD player. But, I got through it, with a lot of modifications. I am certainly not strong enough yet for most of the exercises as they're done by Tony and friends, but I feel stronger already after one week, so maybe someday I'll be able to "bring it" as it was intended. :)
Shelley (@Momma_Oz) and I started a new water aerobics class this week. It's a deep water class this time (I took a shallow water class last time), and it's at 6am (!!!) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am really enjoying it so far, and it's a great workout. I'm trying to pay close attention to my posture and use my core muscles to keep myself upright, and I can definitely feel it the next day. I particularly enjoy it because I'm spending time with Shelley (even though it is, as she would say, at the butt crack of dawn), and there's no better support than exercising with a buddy.
On a non-fitness note, I submitted my video for Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir this past week. I am really proud of myself that I did it, I LOVE this project. My voice is so out of shape, so I did the soprano II part instead of my usual soprano I, but I still completed it and submitted it. I can't wait until April when the final video will be released! For those of you that don't know me, this is what I went to college for, what I love to do, and a good choral performance will make me cry every time. To get an idea of what the project is, here's the last one:
This week's Mamavation TV is sponsored by Salonpas, and they want to know "Have you ever been injured starting a new exercise routine? Tell us about it…If not, do you get any aches and pains? Where?" I've never been injured outright, but I do get aches and pains. My muscles are not strong enough yet to fully support my body for some exercises, and so my joints end up carrying more of the load. This means my knees and elbows hurt after most routines. I try to modify as much as I can to avoid injury, but I keep plugging along, because the only thing that will help is for my muscles to continue to get stronger.
See you all tonight for Mamavation TV, and congratulations again to the 12 finalists!
Way to go on week one of p90x! It's intense hey?! I do a lot of modifying or else embarrassingly low reps. It will get better as we get stronger!
ReplyDeleteButt crack of dawn..love that! Glad you can get out and exercise with Shelley. I fuzzy heart her :)
Great job on week one. I am a classic girl and it was a bit much. The water aerobics should be a nice complement to the work. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteP90X and water aerobics. Sounds so good
ReplyDeleteAwesome job on the P90x! I haven't bought the DVDs yet, but I am curious with so many people doing it.
ReplyDeleteI did deep water aerobics some when I was in college - I couldn't believe how great a workout it was!! Enjoy!!
I can't think of ANYONE I'd rather share butt-crack-of-dawn time with than you!!!! Even if it is FREEZING outside!!! you are doing so SUPER FANTASTIC I'm sooooo proud!!! HUGS!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good mix you have there. Is there a better time to do water aerobics than the butt-crack of dawn?
ReplyDeleteFabulous! I have to say after seeing the P90x infomercial, I know what you mean by Tony & his crew being super strong. Like, crazy strong.
ReplyDeleteThe combo with the water aerobics sounds great. Have a great and productive week!